WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- WE DID IT, GUYS. WE’RE NUMBERO UNO – #1 – TOP FUCKING DOG. Too bad it’s for being the city with the most PCP-addled male arrestees. (via HuffPo)
- Elise Folie, politics and immigration writer for HuffPo, blew up the D.C. twittersphere last night when #fakeDCbars went locally viral. What began as a tweet about the fact that DC doesn’t have a restaurant called “Gettysburger”, like the one from “Scandal”, turned into a full on twitter party, attended by Washingtonians everywhere. Writers from a bunch of DC blogs got in on the action, naming off would-be bar names – look at all the funniest ones at InTheCapital
- Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank got slammed by CityPaper for being a whiner about politics inside the beltway.
- BABY DUCKS! Mammoth law firm in the upper floors of 1001 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW awaits the arrival of ducklings on their terrace roof, where a month ago a female mallard made her home amid the potted plants. This is a cool story – featuring a mysterious and brooding hawk from a couple floors up as the antagonist. Read on at Washington Post
- Hey this Saturday North Belgium Brewing Co. is sponsoring Tour de Fat, D.C.’s biggest, craziest bike festival. Could be worth it.
- How the hell do I wear these silver heals? Hint: the answer is not a 100% silver pantssuit. Refinery 29 has all the pro tips you need to get away with rocking shiny pumps this year – because, if you haven’t heard, they’re fucking IN.
- Screen on the Green announced its 2013 schedule, kicking things off Monday, July 22 with ET (via PoPville)
‘Til next time, feel free to send us tips etc at [email protected]