WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Pretty ridiculous news day, ladies and gents. Hold on to your butts. This morning on the “Today” show, Obama said he’ll get a tattoo if his daughters do. (Click for video, skip to 3:13 if you just can’t wait for it) (via Washington Post) — Please, just one of you, take one for the team!
- Mark Wahlberg visited T.C. Williams High School to tell kids to stay in school, and is currently back in school getting his high school diploma. (via WJLA)
- Tomorrow, no matter where in the city you are, you’ll get to eat for an excellent cause if you want to. Here’s a list of DC restaurants donating 25% – 110% of their proceeds tomorrow to fighting HIV/AIDS (via DiningOutForLife)
- WTF: 13 female Maryland prison guards, or, excuse me, “correctional officers,” were just indicted for helping convicts traffic serious amounts of drugs from behind bars. Interesting twist to the story: FOUR of these guards were impregnated by ONE of the inmates. Dude’s fertile, can’t help it. (via Washington Post)
- Oh yeah, did you hear? There’s probably going to be an online sales tax. (via Refinery 29)
- Incumbant Anita Bonds wins at-large City Council seat. Apparently 96% of the city’s population can either not vote or vote against a candidate, and they still get to win. Is runoff voting the answer? (via New Columbia Heights)
- Alexandria ranks at the top of Amazon.com’s list of “well-read” cities. (via WBAL)
- This one’s juicy as all get out: Adam Savader, Paul Ryan’s only intern, is allegedly a total pervert. I bet if we ask him about this totally bizarre sex-scheme, he’ll tell us to read Ayn Rand. (via Wonkette)
till next time! feel free to send us tips etc at [email protected]