Wherein we bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we consider newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Voting age lowers to 16 for local elections in Takoma Park, MD. Be prepared for the following type of ad campaign: (via WJLA)
- Maryland cyberbullying ban might be unconstitutional according to the ACLU. I haven’t looked at the argument, but I suspect it might risk infringing our inalienable right to damage other peoples’ self esteem. Luckily, bullying tends to have natural karmic consequences. (via Huffington Post)
- Red Hen opening tomorrow in Bloomingdale (via PoPville)
- Check out this photo gallery of D.C.’s funniest tombstones — think of them like final, permanent tweets #smellyalater (via Washington Post)
- Peep this great list of free shit to do in DC (via Refinery29)
- 20% of DC residents lack basic literacy skillz. Womp. (via WAMU)