Wherein we bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we consider newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- It is in no way clear what was going on in 44-year-old Krystof Wasik’s noggin early this morning when he approached a Whitehouse Security Officer and casually informed him that a car bomb was about to explode in front of the Whitehouse. As could be expected, the whole place went bananas. The threat was empty, but his jail cell isn’t. (via WJLA)
- DC is getting a new Buddha statue outside of Crossroads restaurant near 1901 Pennsylvania Ave. It is likely to be hilariously obese. (via EaterDC)
- 5 DC Hiding spots to escape North Korea’s impending invasion. Happy spring! (via InTheCapital)
- A deal has been reached in the Senate to expand background checks to all commercial gun sales. #gunviolence #nottoday (via Washington Post)
- You should really buy new clothes this weekend: There’s a pop-up shop opening up this Saturday from 11AM-4PM inside Coffy Cafe at 3310 14th Street NW. Be there or look stupid this Spring. (via New Columbia Heights)