Wherein we bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we consider newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Acqua Al-2’s pop-up restaurant and speakeasy have been operating without a liquor license. No shit – that’s what “speakeasy” means. Apparently, the neighbors weren’t having it. (via Capitol Hill Corner)
- Mayor Vincent Gray responds to Muriel Bowser’s claim that she would bring new energy to the Mayor’s office if elected. Paraphrased, the 70-year-old’s sentiments are as follows: “Aw HELL naw.” (via WJLA)
- Dog Friendly Dining: Arlington will start allowing dogs at outdoor establishments. Attractive girls, on the other hand, will be allowed indoors. (via Huffington Post)
- OK. This library of congress employee is fucking brilliant. Using Craigslist, he directed unwitting porn-fiends and sex-hounds to his ex-girlfriend’s house. Sort of like prank-ordering a bunch of pizzas, but far, far more awesome. Don’t get any ideas, though: He’s facing stalking charges. (via Washington Examiner)
- Those sneaky VA Republicans are at it again, this time amending a landmark transportation-funding plan in order to make abortion far less accessible. I know, it’s bullshit – I love free abortions, too. (via Washington Post)
- Ward 1 councilmember Jim Graham got his ass SUED this week for quite a lot of money. How much, you ask?
- Sorry, Dr. Evil, but that’s not even close. Try $100,000,000. Seriously. (Via New Columbia Heights)