Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t always write about but you may still care to get all riled about.
- Redskins’ Adam Carriker says having a gay teammate is “Not a big deal.” He declined to comment about how it feels to have black teammates, but we’ll assume he’s ok with that, too. (via Huffington Post)
- President Obama will give back 5% of his government salary in a show of solidarity with those impacted by the sequester. His gesture, while noble, totals to $3.56 (via Washington Post)
- Council member Marion Barry hospitalized (since released) citing drop in blood sugar. Remember, kids: Crack kills (although not immediately) (via Huffington Post)
- Want to get your bike repaired for free? Here’s how. (via In the Capital
- Scott Richard Swirling, Former executive director of the American School Counselor Association and the National Family Planning & Reproductive Health Association, got caught being a pedophile. (via Washington Examiner)
- Sex trafficking, if you haven’t heard, is not the same thing as having sex while stuck in traffic. While one is clearly pretty awesome, the other is a distressing global problem that happens in our backyard more often than you’d think. Two upcoming events are being held by the White Umbrella Campaign help combat sex trafficking in the DC area. Important stuff, guys. (via New Columbia Heights)
- Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden take the stage at a Kennedy Center event, focusing on the rights of women around the world. Biden hits on the entire room, and everyone loves it. Such is the right of women everywhere. (via Capital Comment)