Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t always write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about.
- Let’s kick off today’s news with a slideshow of the recent snow falling on the National Zoo. Cute animals in snow, comin’ right up.
(Courtney Janney // Smithsonian’s National Zoo)
- Will the snow and the cold harm the cherry blossoms? Capital Weather Gang says probably not.
- OK, OK, let’s try and focus on actual spring weather with this playlist of 75 springtime jams from some D.C. tastemakers.
- How is the White House seder different from all others? Reading of the Emancipation Proclamation right before Elijah, a bit of political discourse and more…
- Check out this awesome DC bus pass from 1937:
- Conditions at D.C.’s new $220 million state-of-the-art forensics laboratory are sub par, according to both veteran investigators and independent analysts.
- Washingtonian revisits the secret service prostitution scandal on year later. Was it a one-time incident? They’re not so sure.