Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t always write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about.
- First of all, let’s begin with FREE FOOD. Yocake opens today in Dupont and is giving away free cupcakes and frozen yogurt to the first 1,000 customers!! (Should you miss out on getting there first, you can get 50% off cupcakes and frozen yogurt the rest of the day.)
- Did D.C. hide its homeless during Inauguration? By asking shelters to open during the daytime (a practice only utilized in freezing conditions), one has to wonder why they chose the 21st specifically…
- Sweetgreen is launching a free fitness program with local studios like SculptDC and Lava Barre. Get with the program and get more details here.
- In sadder food news, Julia’s Empanadas closed its Columbia Heights location today. 🙁
- Unrelated to that last tidbit, here’s video of a lady doing drugs out of her purse on the Metro:
- Apparently this morning was D.C.’s coldest in the last four years…
- And finally, here are the orangutans at the National Zoo playing the harp (on an iPad). Because apparently there’s a program called “Apps for Apes.”