Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t always write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about.
- How to eat like Obama–Chicago dogs, savory-sweet desserts, and a “West Wing”–inspired meal all from the comfort of your very own home.
(Andrew Propp // Washingtonian)
- Inauguration turnout won’t set records, but will still gather between 600,000 to 800,000 people.
- Speaking of which, there will soon be an official Obama Inauguration souvenir store opening just a few blocks from the White House.
- Our thoughts go out to the family of Montgomery County resident Michael Poe, who was reported missing on New Year’s Eve in Adam’s Morgan. Sadly, authorities just found his body inside a ventilation shaft in an Adams Morgan apartment building.
- There’s at least one bit of good fiscal cliff news for federal employees: under the current bill, the mass-transit subsidy will be increased to $240 a month through 2013.
- Why Green Hat Gin took so long to get to DC.
- And finally, DC police officer cites department speed camera for bad tickets.