Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t always write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about:
- After more than 500 tries, TEDDY WON THE NATS PRESIDENTS RACE! Check him out training for his final race of the season.
- The Satellite Room, right in back of the 9:30 Club, will offer adult milkshakes like the Vincent Vega (Vanilla with Bulleit Bourbon) and Lucy Ricardo (Chocolate with Johnny Walker Black). (via Prince of Petworth)
- And just to add a hint of realism to your October/Halloween terror, there’s an upswing of owl attacks in the DMV area–particularly on runners around Rock Creek Parkway. (via Washingtonian)
- Michelle Obama just won this year’s Family Circle Presidential Cookie Contest with Mama Kaye’s White and Dark Chocolate cookies. She beat out Ann Romney’s M&M Cookies, though it was a close call. (via Huffington Post)
- Speaking of sugar, here’s a sweet (GET IT?) recipe for honey ice cream from a fellow DC resident. (via Borderstan)
- Local libraries adapt to high demand on a tight budget. (via Washington Post)
- And finally, for a touch of fashion, check out 22 buys from the DMV-area’s best Etsy shops. (via Refinery 29)