WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- PSA of the day: Get a damn carbon monoxide detector! This one is less than $20 and has Prime shipping.
- This article is a perfect example of why those “Best State to Date / Eat / Move / Die” are so meaningless.
- Did you see the Super Blue Blood Moon? Did you perform a blood ritual? Did you see our funny Twitter joke?
THERE WILL BE BLOOD MOON
— BrightestYoungThings (@BYT) January 31, 2018
- You can now get a $75,000 Bruno Mars approved cocktail at MGM. I will 100% clear my schedule if anyone would like to buy this for me.
- Those Metro refunds are starting to kick in and it feels like a dream come true.
- It looks like all your dreams are about to come true! Maryland’s Six Flags is looking to fill a bunch of new positions. I know I’ve always wanted to work for the worst Six Flags in America.
- Deceased D.C. Council member Jim Graham’s estate is up for auction, just in case you want to buy a human / animal skull or a terrifying clown sculpture. This is not a joke. These are 100% real things you can bid on.
- August is the worst time of year to find a new apartment. December is the best. It’s nice to know that our rental scene is 100% driven by school schedules.
- I never realized how absolutely bonkers this local bridge is. It’s like something straight out of a Final Destination movie.
- Want to live your best life? Check out Eater’s list of the best places to grab a bagel in D.C.
- Local restaurateur Ari Gejdenson (Ghibellina, Ari’s Diner, etc) says D.C.’s minimum wage increase might stop him from opening more District restaurants in the future. I don’t know, friends. Plenty of states (including California) pay their servers a full minimum wage (instead of the tipped wage) and it doesn’t seem like restaurant openings in those states have screeched to a halt.
- And speaking of food, here’s exactly how much sushi you can buy with $40 around D.C.
- Georgetown is still keeping the gondola dream alive! It’s like 2018’s version of the streetcar debacle.
- Welcome to my dream home!
- Your D.C. song of the day includes a slice of Fugazi.