WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- The Guggenheim got sassy with the White House and it’s possibly the best news you’ll read all day.
- DC Refined wants to set you up with a blind date on Valentines Day. What could go wrong?
- The Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington (or RAMW) is hosting sexual harassment training for the first time. People are finally taking harassment in the service industry seriously!
- Washingtonian is airing their grievances with this list of the 16 worst dining trends in D.C. and I’m so glad we’re finally talking about how garbage deviled eggs are.
- The Wing (you know what The Wing is, right?) is coming to D.C. and here are some cute renderings to give you an idea of what it’ll look like. Goddamn it’s dreamy.
- Just like your favorite childhood carnival rides, the Metro is rusting away.
- A Maryland man hunting with his friend mistook the man for a turkey and shot him. Ah yes, the old Dick Cheney switcheroo.
- The Post talks to local band Shaed about their newish pop direction.
- Dying to get into A Rake’s Progress? Eater has the first look you’ve been waiting for.
- Player’s Club, the video game bar coming to 14th Street with the highly unfortunate name, will be offering food from Shake Shack at their bar. Just don’t get any shack sauce on the games.
- Let’s end with these cute ‘lil babies. Aren’t they precious?
Welcome home, Nutmeg and Jackie! This morning, the mother-son red panda duo made their debut and explored their habitat. Stop by Asia Trail and say hi to our newest residents! PLAN YOUR VISIT: https://t.co/EsTHDX3ywE. pic.twitter.com/RDylUnJfS0
— National Zoo (@NationalZoo) January 25, 2018