WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- Washingtonian calls Metier the best restaurant in the city. And now it’s going to be impossible to get a reservation there.
- 17 sweet pounds of marijuana were seized in downtown D.C. and 22 people were arrested. We really need to make this shit legal.
- Going to the movies this weekend? Washington Post has a fun guide detailing D.C.’s many different theaters. We’re big fans of Suns Cinema and AFI here, but follow your heart.
- Iron Gate is doing an Edgar Allan Poe pop up for Valentine’s Day and oh man I want to go.
- The Obama’s have hit up A Rake’s Progress and Maydan in the last few weeks.
- The Waterfront Safeway is banning teens and I’m pretty sure this is how every dystopian teen movie starts.
- And speaking of the apocalypse, an endangered whale was found dead off the coast of Virginia. That’s definitely how every apocalypse movie starts because the animals can sense the end is coming or something?
- Mission is opening their second location in Navy Yard, so you’ll have somewhere to sip margaritas by the water.
- Also a new taqueria is coming to K Street. It’s so close to the BYT office and I’m gonna be so mad if it sucks.