WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- It’s cold as hell outside and everything feels bad! Welcome to 2018 my friends. (via Post)
- But before we 100% embrace 2018, Washingtonian ranked all the months of 2017 and it’s a fun / terrifying look back. What a time to be alive.
- Also, there’s a rogue cow on the loose in Virginia. 2018 is fun already. (via WJLA)
- This is not just D.C. / MD / VA news, but it looks like a record number of women are interested in running for office this year. (via WTOP)
- A 16-year-old is working with NASA. What did you do today? (via Post)
- This should really go without saying, but don’t call 911 for a bikeshare related problem. Unless you’ve been hit by a car / hit by another bike / mugged while on a bikeshare bike, the police don’t care that someone left a dockless bike outside your apartment. They have better shit to do. (via WTOP)
- One more PSA: Getting rid of a Christmas tree? Please don’t do it like this.
Eatonville MuleboneAncient Rivers is officially closed. Shocker. (via Eater)
- And speaking of food, Washingtonian takes a closer look at one of D.C.’s highly anticipated restaurants, Chloe.
- Brookland has a brand new Indian restaurant and if you’re looking for a side of drama and controversy with your curry, you’ve come to the right place. (via Eater)
- We normally try to keep D.C. News coverage light and fun, but a man tried to convince a 8-year-old girl in Takoma Park to get in his car with the line, “I have candy” and I can’t believe people actually say that. I thought that was a lie the Lifetime channel came up with! Also, the little girl is totally fine. We’re not monsters. (via WJLA)
- Greater Greater Washington is here with your post holiday transportation breakdown. They’re so reliable like that.
- Did you see the supermoon yesterday? Here are some photos of the supermoon.