WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- Washingtonian talks to Mark Ein, the local businessman who bought Washington City Paper.
- In more seasonally appropriate news, here’s a look at the house with the craziest Christmas decorations in Virginia. (via WAMU)
- A Virginia man brought a loaded gun to Dulles yesterday. Nothing says Christmas like sending airport security into panic. (via WJLA)
- We suck a traffic. (via WTOP)
- PG County is spending millions of dollars to develop the area around the Suitland metro station, because no one else is interested. (via Post)
- It’s cold as hell and you need some chili.
- Need something to read while you eat that chili? Here’s Washingtonian‘s list of 2017’s best local long reads.
- And here’s a look at how The Source has continued to influence D.C.’s food scene / culture. (via Eater)
- And it might get snowy this week! Maybe! It feels cold enough! (via WJLA)