WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- Georgetown might just get a Metro station after all. (via WTOP)
- Washingtonian profiled D.C.’s best (or at least, most fun) Uber driver. He seems like a cross between Ben Bailey and that guy who runs karaoke night at your neighborhood bar.
- DC9’s bottom floor is becoming a vodka soda popup bar and I could not be more into it. (via City Paper)
- DC Music Download is celebrating their 6th anniversary with a fun local concert featuring SHAED, Nag Champa, Fielder and OG Lullabies at Union Stage. This is a great excuse to catch some cool music in one of D.C.’s newest venues.
- Nido is closing in Woodridge. I went once and did not get the hype, but I’m sad for the neighborhood regardless. (via POPville)
- And speaking of food, Eater has a fun little story about the family behind one of D.C.’s only Persian restaurants, Moby Dick. (via Eater)
- Save our strip malls. (via WAMU)