WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- Look, I’m not your mom / dad / whatever, but here’s a fun reminder to not drive drunk this holiday season.
- Pizzagate isn’t over for Comet Ping Pong. (via WAMU)
- Restaurants go to some pretty crazy measures to spot food critics and man is it fascinating. (via Washingtonian)
- And speaking of food, a bunch of Five Guys have closed down because they own $530,000 in taxes. How does that happen? (via WBJ)
- Virginia’s new toll is out of control. (via WTOP)
- The National Zoo has raised $41,000 for their cute lil naked molerats and I’m glad those babies are gonna get a nice new enclosure. (via WJLA)
- Metro is beginning to design their 8000 series trains and they desperately need your help. (via GGW)
- D.C.’s first Wawa is opening December 14th, just in case you’re one of the weirdos losing their mind about it. (via WUSA9)
- Eater has released their 2017 Eater awards and Himitsu has been crowned the best restaurant of the year. Other winners include ChiKo, Bresca and more.