WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- The first trailer for The Post has dropped and since it has Tom Hanks / Meryl Streep / is 100% about D.C. I can already see people in this city losing their goddamn minds. If you’re going to see The Post, I highly recommend you read Katherine Graham’s Personal History first. It’s very good.
- In good news, Virginia elected their first openly transgender member of the Virginia House of Delegates. (via WAMU)
- I guess state themed bars are the new thing? (via City Paper)
- Washingtonian asked Trump campaign staffers and White House officials how they’re celebrating the anniversary of his election and it’s pretty boring.
- Alexandria is aiming to end traffic deaths / serious injuries by 2018. I’m into it. (via WAMU)
- We might get our first freeze this Saturday. Bundle up and invest in some flannel sheets. Seriously. I hate to be your mom, but go buy some. They’ll change your life. (via Post)
- Watch out for fucking creeps jumping out of bushes and grabbing people. (via Post)
- Eater has named Bad Saint one of the 38 best restaurants in America.
- If you’re looking to dive headfirst into fall and go all out, check out this hard cider tour of Virginia. (via DC Refined)