WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- A new steakhouse is opening downtown and it’s exactly what you imagine a steakhouse in downtown D.C. would look like. Don’t we have enough of these already? (via Eater)
- Remember that photo of the bike flipping off the motorcade? The woman in the photo just lost her job. (via Post)
- D.C. police departments are stepping up and enforcing fines for drivers that fail to stop for pedestrians in crosswalks. As someone who just got hit by a car while using a crosswalk, I’m into it. (via WUSA9)
- A gorilla at the National Zoo is pregnant!
— National Zoo (@NationalZoo) November 3, 2017
- Remember Laoban Dumplings? They’ve moved out of the pop-up phase and finally have their own brick and mortar location. Bring them all to me. (via City Paper)
- We’re sad about losing DCist, and so are a lot of other people. (via WAMU)
- Although, it might be back very soon (or at least, a version of it). (via Washingtonian)
- Some activists wanted to bring a 45-foot-tall statue of a naked woman to the Mall, but they’ve settled for a 26-foot-tall digital portrait of a naked woman. Cool? (via Post)
- City Paper tries to guess the local restaurants Donald Trump will check out.
- And speaking of food, everyone likes anchovies now because the world doesn’t make sense anymore. (via Post)
- A burlesque Star Wars bar is popping up on H Street and I guess satisfying some sort of kink? (via Eater)