WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- The story of the day is WAMU’s profile on 85-year-old cab driver Willie Ashton and 69-year-old cab driver Carolyn Robinson.
- The long read of the day is Washington City Paper’s feature on the history of the once thriving African-American community in Fort Reno.
- A Federal building in D.C. rejected Richard Spencer’s request to host conference. This is my favorite Spencer-getting-punched video. (Washington Post)
- Goodbye, Petco in Cleveland Park. Hello, Target in Cleveland Park. (Washington Business Journal)
- This Saturday the Department of Public Works’ Food Waste Drop-off Program will have a”Pumpkin Rescue” in all seven wards. Related, we ranked every Smashing Pumpkins song. (DCist)