WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- Tom Sietsema is on a roll. Read his roast of Nobu here.
- Spend the rest of your day reading about D.C.’s theater scene and its longtime connection to Broadway. (via City Paper)
- Murial Bowser calls out Maryland and Virginia for not properly funding Metro. (via WBJ)
- WAMU asks black Washingtonians about the “No one is from D.C.” phrase that gets thrown around so much.
- A man has been going around the city stealing quarters from vacuum machines at gas stations. This might be shitty, but I’m more impressed than anything. (via Fox 5)
- D.C. Retro Jumpers are bringing double dutch back. (via Post)
- Smithsonian is kickstarting a hip-hop anthology. They’ll be working with Chuck D, MC Lyte, Questlove of the Roots and 9th Wonder and damn does it sound cool. (via DCMD)
- The Hilton brothers are back at it again. (via City Paper)