WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- The Black Squirrel is now under new ownership, which means they’ve added a lunch menu and have switched up the dinner menu. As long as the beer program is good, I’m good. (via press release)
- More than 100 adoptable animals have arrived in D.C. after fleeing Hurricane Harvey. (via WAMU)
- A new study has redefined America’s cities based on urban development, and D.C. has been included in the ‘New Old South’ which includes, “…stark divides between wealthier white neighborhoods, black high poverty neighborhoods, and older suburbs than [sic] have become more diverse and poorer.” (via CityLab)
- There was a huge protest outside of the White House today after President Trump announced the end of the DACA program. (via DCist)
- These people are getting married on the Mall in the middle of the Juggalo / Trump rally. I don’t know if these are going to make for the best wedding photos or the worst wedding photos.
- City Paper talks to the folks behind ARTECHOUSE about art in the age of Instagram.
- Watch out Anxo, D.C. is getting another cidermaker. (via Post)
- The Washington Monument isn’t supposed to open until Spring 2019, but I’m putting my money down on never. (via DCist)