WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- The lovely folks behind Politics and Prose are opening a new bookstore at Union Market next Fall. Yay books! (via Press Release)
- Your commute was probably more of a nightmare than usual this morning. (via NBC)
- Children hate Paul Ryan. (via Grio)
- Does D.C. have a noose problem? (via Post)
- Dog parks are at the crux of D.C.’s gentrification problems. I’m not kidding. (via GGW)
- The D.C. Statehood bill has been introduced to the Senate, where it is definitely going to die. (via DCist)
- While MLK Library is under serious renovation, here is what’s happening to it’s vast Punk Archive. (via DCMD)
- Something called the Sugar Factory is coming to Pentagon City and I’m pretty sure just looking at the menu gave me cavities. (via DCist)
- Speaking of food, here is your medium length read of the day.
- It’s gonna be a wet / hot (American) week. (via Post)
- In sad / bad news:
After 6 yrs, 3 releases, hundreds of church fans, 2 ex-Snips we never talk about & more sequins than we can count, it’s time to say goodbye.
— Coup Sauvage (@CoupSauvage) May 27, 2017