WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- Happy Emancipation Day!
- Washingtonian has a delightful and thorough roundup of all of the best beards at the Craft Brewers Conference. (via Washingtonian)
- Weed delivery services are getting ready for their busiest day of the year. (via DCist)
- A local resident decided to take McDonalds McFlurry problems into her own hands with a surprisingly useful app. (via DCInno)
- All DC Public School students could soon get free Metro rides, which is honestly how it should be. Come on guys. Get your shit together. (via WTOP)
- Should D.C. police fine cyclists who bike while wearing headphones? (via City Lab)
- Maryland is the 5th best state for women to work / live. (via WBJ)
- Speaking of Maryland, here’s a fun reminder that roller coasters are probably not going to kill you.
- The March for Science is happening this weekend if you’re in the marching mood.