WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- D.C. has pop up bar fever and the only cure is more pop up bars. (via DCist)
- A Maryland congressman may have the solution to Metro’s problems. (via Post)
- Most of our favorite restaurants were closed yesterday. Here’s what it was like.
- A local is fighting in MGM’s first boxing match. We don’t know how to feel about that. (via NBC)
- On the other hand, a local woman won the 2016 Air Sex National Championships. (via City Paper)
- Eat your way through all of D.C.’s West African restaurants this weekend. (via City Paper)
- Or try these sweet Chinese places. (via Post)
- It looks like The Stooges played a weird Wheaton Youth Center and a West Falls Church community center in the 60s. (via The Vinyl District)
- Succotash is coming to D.C. (via Post)
- Also, Declaration is coming to Yards Park. (via WBJ)
- Trash racoon is love. Trash racoon is life.
This raccoon is having a rough morning-just wanted some trash & ended up in Rosslyn!
>And yes I alerted the driver pic.twitter.com/L3y3JFBpFx
— Helena B. Evich (@hbottemiller) February 17, 2017