WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- Virginia manages to smack down the travel ban in it’s own state. (via WAMU)
- Himitsu and Toli Moli join the many D.C. businesses that are closing for the Immigrants strike on Thursday. Anxo, Room 11 and Cotton & Reed’s bars will be open, with part of their proceeds from the night going to Ayuda. Timber Pizza Co. employees have chosen to stay open and will also be donating money to Ayuda. (via Press Release)
- An American University student stripped naked, jumped over the Department of Homeland Securities fence and proceeded to bite a NBC employee. (via NBC)
- Our bridges suck. (via WTOP)
- Here’s more photos of the lit up National Cathedral. (via Washingtonian)
- DC Refined has a round up of the best places to eat and drink alone.
- The Park Service wants more people to paddle on the Potomac. (via NBC)