WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- Some Prince George’s school board members want Kap to play for the racist hometown team. Are you ready for some football/systematic racism?!?
- WAMU has a potentially helpful piece on what will happen if/when there’s a holiday government shutdown. Happy holidays!
- The Capital Weather Gang does Capital Weather things in their rainy piece, “The science behind the record-breaking rainstorm that deluged D.C. this weekend”
- Sometimes there are accidental shootings at holiday parties.
- In some not very surprising news, four Mike Isabella restaurants are closing earlier than first reported.
- Your long read of the day is courtesy of Washingtonian: These Badass Bluegrass Sisters Ruled DC’s Honky-Tonk Bars
- DC9’s garbage themed bar opens tonight. Check out our photos!