WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- There isn’t any big local news and most likely there won’t be until Monday. We’re guessing Monday may be when things start to feel normal, however that’s defined. Newsworthy stuff is happening, but it’s all Trump related. So to make this edition less depressing, we’re using Drag Race gifs.
- So here’s a local Trump related story: there’s extra police presence outside Trump’s D.C. hotel. (Fox DC)
- I guess this could be a silver lining of a Trump (he hasn’t been inaugurated so there’s still a chance he doesn’t become president) presidency, he might support the Redskins coming back to D.C. (Washington Post)
- More bad news and this isn’t exactly Trump related. Metro’s proposed budget cuts worry riders with no alternatives. (WAMU)
- If you think Adnan Syed is innocent, this is bad news. He will not be released on bail while awaiting retrial. (WJLA)
- The only news that’s interesting and not good or bad is Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton wrote to the National Weather Service requesting it change its official D.C. snowfall-measuring site from Reagan Airport to D.C. proper. (DCist)