WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- The Rhode Island station will be closed until at least tomorrow. In related news, Uber is doing really, really well.
— Metrorail Info (@Metrorailinfo) September 2, 2016
- Yesterday, Georgetown University announced it’ll grant priority admission to descendants of the slaves the university sold in 1838. A professor told WAMU it’s only the beginning.
- The City Paper has a neat roundup of the best cheap beer according to the best chefs and bartenders. We did something similar in February. We can all agree, cheap beer has its place, especially on a holiday weekend.
- The Capital Weather Gang doesn’t think you should go to the beach this holiday weekend. Hermine might make your trip scary.
- Time-lapse videos are fantastic. Here’s a time-lapse video of The Washington Post building becoming rubble.