WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Do you have any information about the murder of DNC staffer Seth Rich?
WikiLeaks Offers $20K Reward for Information in Murder of DNC Staffer Seth Rich https://t.co/c0YARaemzL
— WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) August 9, 2016
- Michael Jordan has pledged $5 million to the Smithsonian Museum of African American History and Culture. (WJLA)
- Feeling too good about D.C.? Here are some stories that will bum you out! WAMU has a story on, “Some Unsettling Findings From The Feds’ Metro Track Inspection Report.”
- DCist wrote about a study that found, “$100 Buys You Less In D.C. Than In Any State.”
- Here’s good bike news:
All of the lobbying has paid off! New 23-dock station at 16th St & K St NW, on the north side. Perfect for meetings. pic.twitter.com/NTUjBaDjVw
— Capital Bikeshare (@bikeshare) August 9, 2016
- And Borderstan has a bad bike story: “Kids With Box Cutter Threaten Man Who Saw Them ‘Tampering’ With Bikes on H Street.”
- And finally, because we like clicks and anything Hamilton related gets attention, whether warranted or not, here’s a link to DCist’s story about the campaign to get Hamilton’s Lin-Manuel Miranda to write a song about how D.C. deserves statehood.