WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- D.C. gets knocked down from the number one most “facial-hair friendly city” in the U.S., now second to Miami. District beard-lovers all over the DMV area are mourning this great loss (via DCist).
- Speaking of things that are hot, apparently its supposed to storm due to the recent scorching weather. This is your hint to pack your rain jacket for work tomorrow (via WJLA).
- Three Metro lines are partially shutting down for long-term maintenance for the beginning of summer. Happy Ubering/Lyfting (via Post).
- Speaking of broken shit in DC…let’s fix that Memorial Bridge! (ABC 7)
- If this Metro shut down ends in you taking your bike to work, fear not! “Tour de Bike Lane” might be able to cheer you on during your commute to the office (via Post).
- There is a mysterious white squirrel lurking around Brookland, and we have photographic evidence (via PoPville).