WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Oprah Winfrey donated $1 million to the DC women’s charity N Street Village and we’re not gonna make a joke about that. <3 (Fox 5)
- Take a break from working (quit your job) to watch the Smithsonian National Zoo’s new elephant cam! To catch a candid shot of me every weekend watch the gif below. (ABC 7)
- Dupont Circle’s Books for America is closing further proving we do not deserve nice things. (DCist)
- The temperature’s rising this weekend just in time for Pride and it WILL BE RAINING MEN. HALLELUJAH! (ABC 7)
- Er Rachel Dolezal is in town and was spotted at Howard University yesterday then at Potbelly where she probably identified a sandwich as a salad because sure. (DCist)
- Here are some pics of Bernie Sanders treating DC like we’re everybody else and not some wayward orphan. SOMEDAY WE’LL BE A REAL BOY. (DCist)
- HOT TRAFFIC AND TRANSIT TIPS for Pride this weekend. We can all walk faster than the Metro. (WaPo) Here’s the band Train asking for help which is a lot like riding the Metro.