WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- The Potomac River just got a ‘B-‘ grade for overall health. If it keeps up the good work it can be swimmable and fishable by 2025 (via DCist).
- The Washington Monument reopened at 9 a.m. this morning after having an elevator problem yesterday (via WTOP).
- Former Redskins player George Starke was arrested on Monday on charges for hitting his wife (via Post).
- Vice President Biden is sad about Donald Trump but wouldn’t mind if Bruce Springsteen became president (via Billboard).
- If you have a thing for city planning, listen to this: the estimated costs of the creation of a Purple Line that reaches the Maryland suburbs are at about $2.65 billion (via Post).
- Airline workers at National Airport are planning to go on strike at 11 p.m. tonight. for union rights and better wages. Workers at JFK, Newark, Philidelphia, and Logan are participating in the strike too (via DCist).
- Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe vetoed legislation that would make it legal for people to discriminate against LGBT people. Supporters of the bill are concerned about the state of their religious liberties . Great! (via NBC)