WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- It’s baaaaack (via City Paper).
- Here’s some scoop on Merrick Garland: in 2000 he voted against D.C. voting rights. OK, he had a reason (via City Paper).
- Do the words Professional Employment Forecast give you the chills? Well, according to a helpful infographic there are more jobs available than there are qualified people to fill them (via Town Paper).
- The National Zoo had a chlorine accident around the American Trail exhibit resulting in a small explosion. There was no fire or smoke and none of the animals were hurt (just a little confused) (via Washington Post).
- Mayor Bowser is planning to build family homeless shelters in all of DC’s wards (via Washington Post).
- There’s a 16 screen, 1,500 seat ICON movie theater coming to Navy Yard. Construction is starting soon and is probably going to be done by 2018. Pre-order those tickets for Zootopia 3 everybody (via Curbed).