WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- It’s still perfect outside. Go have a drink outside.
- It should be nice this weekend, too. And now farmer’s markets are allowed to sell alcohol. (DCist)
- The Washington City Paper has a great feature on PoP’s Dan Silverman. If you don’t read PoP comments, you’ll appreciate the article. If you read PoP comments, you’re insane.
- Attractive human/Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau wants the Nats to go back to being the Expos and move back to Canada. We are 100% behind the Nats going back to Montreal, or at least we are until the Nats dump Jonathan Papelbon. Washington will not win a World Series with Papelbon. Dump him. What’s taking so long? (Washingtonian)
- WAMU has a report on Metro. You already know the results. The trains do not run on time.
- Speaking of Metro, there is one good piece of news. Beginning July 1 you’ll have a 15 minute period grace period to enter and exit the same station. Great news for people that are furious they just spent $1.75 to $2.15 on a train they’re not going to take. (DCist)
- And another good piece of Metro news! You’ll still be able to load SmarTrip cards on bus fareboxes due to customer demand. (Washington Post)
- Unpaid parking tickets in D.C. total more than $84 million. (Fox 5)
- Robbers robbed 3 banks in 10 minutes in Wheaton. You can’t do that if you’re taking Metro. (WJLA)