WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- Your must read of the day is this Post story about gentrification on 13th street… and D.C. at large.
- How do you like this 90 degree weather?
- Speaking of the weather, 32 people have been arrested during today’s climate protests.
- Gina Chersevani (of Buffalo & Bergen / Suburbia) is opening up a bar with $7 (or less!) drinks and frozen Irish coffee. I need this bar to be open now.
- Taqueria Los Compadres is out, Taqueria Nacional is in.
- Because we’re petty people, every time Bryce Harper strikes out this week &pizza will give out $3 pizzas.
- What did I tell you? The Washington Monument’s elevator is already broken.
- A yacht with a giant Trump flag (accidentally?) sprayed a bunch of passengers on the D.C. Water Taxi with river water.
- Let’s finish off with some combo good news / bad news! The good news is that D.C. has a year round Halloween bar. The bad news is that the guy who owns it is an idiot.