WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- The first thing you should read this evening is the Washington Post’s story on the Muslim engineer who designed the Pentagon’s 9/11 memorial / chapel.
- In more serious news, there’s a vigil planned for the D.C. woman who was stabbed while walking a dog near the Washington Hospital Center.
- RIP Washington Post Express. We’re really going to miss you.
- A Mexican / barbecue fusion joint is taking over the Meatball Shop space.
- And Primrose is turning into a Guatemalan restaurant for two days. These pop-ups get shorter and shorter.
- In non-food news, Washingtonian has your creepy true crime story of the day. It involves secret underground tunnels and angel investors.
- The Zoo has two new clouded leopard pups and they’re so cute I feel personally affronted. I’m mad about how cute they are.
- Speaking of the Zoo, it was a false alarm, Mei Xiang is definitely not pregnant.
- In our last bit of animal news, Dorian forced a 300 pound sea turtle onto a beach in Delaware.