WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- Good news about the Metro might seem like fake news, but after 107 days, six Blue and Yellow line stations in Virginia have reopened. Don’t get too excited though, it wouldn’t be WMATA if there wasn’t still more work to be done…oh and the font is wrong.
- In celebration of the Blue and Yellow line stations reopening, Metro riders can enjoy some discounts around Alexandria this weekend. Because apparently functional public transportation is so rare in this city it needs to be celebrated.
- D.C. temperatures have hit 90 degrees 53 times this summer. That’s compared to an average 36 times a year. If you still don’t believe in climate change, I really don’t know what to tell you.
- If you need a job, head to Arlington, where Amazon is hosting a career day next week.
- Tiffany Trump adopted a kitten, named Orange Crush, from D.C. Humane Rescue Alliance. I always liked Fanta better anyway.
- A 14-year-old started college at George Washington University. He wants to be a paleontologist. Honestly, I’m not even sure I knew the word paleontologist at 14-years-old.
- Another day, another D.C. store closes. This time it’s Violet Boutique.
- But, on the other hand, Taylor Gourmet Sandwhiches is back (kind of) today.
- Bike thieves are getting creative: You might want to check that your bike and the rack you’ve locked it to are both secured before walking away.