WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- Ivy City is filled with surprises, like a DIY motorcycle repair shop that also has a lifestyle boutique.
- And speaking of learning new things, D.C.’s rat academy is at the front line of our rodent war.
- A piece of D.C. is being burned at (surprise!) Burning Man this year.
- Want to avoid Restaurant Week? Click here. Want to enjoy it? Click here.
- City Paper chatted up Karin Sellers, the owner of D.C.’s newest ice cream shop. Is ice cream the new cup cake? I hate myself.
- The folks behind Masa 14 are opening a tequila bar underneath a strip club. Welcome to the party zone.
- In more food news, crab cakes and oysters are coming to 16th Street Heights.
- After 38 years in Adams Morgan, the Brass Knob is going gentle into that good night.
- The mopeds are here and they are in no way, shape or form going to be a total clusterfuck! Not at all!