WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- Prolific author / Nobel laureate / Howard alum Toni Morrison died at the age of 88 last night.
- A vigil was held outside of the NRA headquarters in Fairfax, Virginia.
- An important note: D.C. has more rats than Baltimore.
- Meet the woman who paints portraits of dead pets for a living. She has a six month long waitlist.
- The National Portrait Gallery just acquired a killer photo of Beyonce.
- This Craigslist ad promises free rent in Adams Morgan… if you know how to cook breakfast.
- In bad food news, the Chesapeake Bay has a historically low oyster population.
- In good food news, a former RPM Italian chef has opened an 80s / 90s alternative rock themed pasta place in Falls Church.
- In expensive food news, Turning Natural Juice Bar will pay $10,000 to 22 employees to settle a wage theft case.