WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- We’re going to do a handful of stories about coronavirus and then we’re going to move onto lighter things because that’s what I need right now and I bet you need it too.
- News on the street is that Mayor Bowser is going to close all D.C. bars and restaurants at her press conference today. Delivery / take out will still be an option, but dining in is out.
- Want to shop one of the best used bookstores in D.C.? You’re going to have to make an appointment.
- The most frustrating story you’ll read all day is this Washingtonian piece about the people who decided to go out this past weekend.
- Now for the less coronavirus focused news!
- Check out these sweet Metro sketches.
- Order some good food for delivery tonight.
- Don’t forget, your new hobby is push ups now.
- Musicians are live streaming their canceled shows and it’s pretty damn delightful.
- And Mo Willems, the children’s book author, is streaming a lunch doodle for kids every Monday.
- Plus, Universal will allow you to stream all of their films currently in theaters. I guess I know what I’m doing this weekend.
- One of the incredible BYT team members sent me this Twitter thread and it made me laugh very hard and very deeply. Enjoy.
BYT makes our living off of things that are currently non-existent as a source of income (arts, events, arts and event advertising). If you’d like to support the work we do, click here. Every little helps right now. Thank you.