WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- Three cases of Coronavirus were confirmed in Montgomery County. Wash your hands, and be careful!
- The Shaw community mourns 13-year-old Malachi Lukes. March 5th would have been his birthday.
- Two Orange Line stations are closed this weekend due to construction on the Vienna line. Oh yeah, and the Red Line is running with trains every 16 minutes. Bummer.
- The woman-owned record shop, Sonidos! is an inclusive haven on the D.C. vinyl scene. We’re very into combatting sexism in the music industry.
- Today, you can walk through a giant colon. It’s all a part of National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month.
- Ruh roh. One of D.C.’s biggest (and furriest) dog parks is closing until Fall 2021 to accommodate nearby construction.
- Takoma Park has voted to phase out fossil fuels. The resolution would make it one of the first neighborhoods in the US to cut them out entirely.
- Speaking of progress, this D.C. high school student has held a climate change rally in front of the White House for 57 weeks in a row. He’s our hero.
- A Virginia seventh grader won the contest to name the Mars Rover. Meet Perseverance.