WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- I missed you. It’s nice to be back.
- New York wasn’t willing to put up with any of Amazon’s bullshit and here’s what that means for
Crystal CityNational Landing.
- Your long read of the day is this insane story about the American University student who ended up being a real life Russian spy. Our lives really are The Americans. I guess. I’ve only seen the first episode of that show.
- Speaking of TV, The Handmaid’s Tale filmed on the National Mall this past Friday and it looked pretty buck wild. Remember when that show was good?
- No one protests like we protest.
- Roy Boys has transformed the old Tasty Burger location into a fried chicken and oyster oasis.
- And speaking of delicious fried chicken, ChiKo Dupont is officially open for business.
- And in even more fried chicken news, Chef Kevin Tien (of Himitsu) is opening a fried chicken stall inside of Ballston’s Quarter Market.
- In more delicious food news, a brand new BBQ place is moving to Upshur Street.
- Here’s your daily dose of good news.
- Your PSA of the Day: The suburbs are bad.