WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- Happy Valentine’s Day! Grab a loved one and check out ten places to shop for local Valentine’s Day gifts.
- Forget the flowers! Get creative with your bouquets. I’ll take a bouquet of bacon, please.
- The National Cathedral is hosting a second chance prom tonight. Can we request Soulja Boy?
- The Wilson Building is unveiling a new art exhibit with pieces from the Corcoran collection, the city’s first art museum. The exhibit features photographs either about the District or taken by local artists. We’re in love.
- DC Councilmember Kenyan McDuffie proposed a bill to include African American History classes in public school curriculums.
- We sure hope your guacamole is safe. Read about the avocado epidemic.
- Brooke Pinto, Logan Circle resident, joined the crowded race running for Ward 2 DC Council.
- Popular taco eatery Surfside is moving to Tenleytown. So so good.
- Be prepared: the Red Line is shutting down for President’s Day weekend in order to start construction for the Purple Line. Glenmont, Wheaton, Forest Glen and Silver Spring stations will be closed Saturday, Sunday and Monday.