WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- I guess the government is back. Kind of?
- In a move that feels truly wild, Johns Hopkins is buying the Newseum building. I wonder what they’re going to do with the huge first amendment carving on the front of the building?
- Can you run faster than a streetcar? Probably yes!
- In similar news, I guess our buses suck? Look, I like taking the bus even if it makes me permanently 20 minutes late. It give me a mystique I don’t actually have.
- The National Cathedral is screening Do The Right Thing and BlacKkKlansman. It’s a very Spike Lee weekend.
- Like a fine wine, the Iranian Film Festival gets better with age.
- It’s 2019 and Iron Gate has a Bird Box cocktail.
- In other weird news, meet Instagrams most famous turtle.
- According to Grub Hub, D.C. loves a kale salad.