WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- Remember how the Obama’s made dining out in D.C. so much better? Restaurants benefitted from their appearanes and everyone was happy? Well, Ivanka Trump is eating out! That’s the same! That’s totally the same as the Obama’s! In a city that went 4% Trump, who doesn’t want to eat where the First Daughter eats?!? Anyway, Eater is doing their map thing documenting where she eats. Use it? Who reads Eater and wants to eat where Ivanka eats? Maybe I’m the sucker for even mentioning it.
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for D.C. denied D.C.’s request to reconsider the July decision that reversed the concealed-carry decision. In other words, more guns are coming to D.C.! That’s what this place needs! More guns! (WAMU)
- Anacostia resident Dominique Hazzard is organizing a “Grocery Walk” on October 14. (DCist)
- Related, there’s a new Trader Joe’s in Capitol Hill.
- Somewhat related, the Nats have a new food specials for the playoffs. It’s nice D.C.’s baseball team is trying on the concessions front during the playoffs. Is anyone not going to attend a playoff game due to the food options? If so, my I please have your ticket?
- Church and State will host tribute nights to dead musicians. OK. (Washington City Paper)
- Look inside the bar you’ll be waiting in line for: Pub Dread.