WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- Metro handled 800,000 people yesterday. That’s more than Trump’s inauguration. (Washington Post)
- We’re giving World Cup picks in our Best Weekend Bets. In case you don’t want to wait until tomorrow, check our DCist’s roundup.
- Wonder Woman 1984 is closing streets in Georgetown. Of any superhero that could be shutting down streets in Georgetown, Wonder Woman is best. (WJLA)
- A teen was taken to the hospital after near-drowning at Six Flags. Don’t drown at Six Flags. (Fox 5)
- The World Cup is coming to D.C.! In 8 years! It’s going to Canada and Mexico too! Somewhat related, we’re the 7th best American city for soccer fans. L.A. is #1.
- Washingtonian has a story on how Honeysuckle Chef Hamilton Johnson lost 75. If you’re too busy to read, it’s diet and exercise. The man lost weight when he began to exercise and eat healthier.