WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- DCist is back (almost)! And it’s for real this time!
- Cherry Blossom watch 2018 has begun, but don’t worry about running out and seeing them today. There will be a series of frenzied news articles about their appearance for the next couple weeks.
- The Post’s dream day column is always a good time.
- Check out this sick list of local spots designed by black architects.
- This is (hopefully) the weirdest metro news you’ll read all day.
- Shakegate is back and it’s now affecting people in Foggy Bottom. This is like getting an necessary sequel to the summer blockbuster no one liked.
- Social media is dumb and we should burn it to the ground. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
- H Street has transformed itself into a little vegan paradise. Remember when it was mostly drunk college kids stumbling to H Street Country Club? Oh, how the times have changed.
- Ardeo + Bardeo is closing, but Ashok Bajaj isn’t going to leave Cleveland Park hanging, something new will pop up in that space eventually.
- PSA of the Day: Please don’t leave your dockless bike share in the middle of the sidewalk. We’re all adults here and BYT / WJLA is not your mother.
- Page views might be the key to figure out what city Amazon is going to pick for HQ2.
- The Zoo has the best Twitter account in D.C.
We had 4 maned wolf pups born at the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute in December & they recently had their first vet checkup! All the cubs are healthy and growing. MORE https://t.co/MDpFbFTvmM pic.twitter.com/s07yOxf8xc
— National Zoo (@NationalZoo) February 23, 2018