WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- This is not D.C. news at all, but we can’t stop thinking about these stories.
- Get your mocktail on. No hangovers forever.
- No one knows when the cherry blossoms are coming in, but it might be earlier than normal considering the wonky weather.
- 11 speed cameras have been vandalized in NE and NW D.C.… And I’m all for it.
- Amazon donated a million dollars to a local nonprofit and I don’t know if that means we’re definitely going to be HQ2 or if we’re definitely not going to be HQ2… but that’s cool.
- The National Portrait Gallery is doing gangbusters now that Obama’s portrait is up.
- And speaking of art, the Hirshhorn’s new lounge is stylish as hell. Just look at those photos.
- A meatball shop is coming to 14th Street because there’s nothing we crave more after drinking at Black Whiskey all night than a giant, moist meatball.
- Have you all heard about José Andrés…?