WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- Airbnb is considering kicking out users who have booked stays to attend the Unite the Right rally. This may be the one time we can all agree about Airbnb.
- And speaking of Unite the Right, Charlottesville has declared a state of emergency.
- Greater Greater Washington goes to bat for skateboarding.
- Which D.C. half-smoke is worth your time, money and increased cholesterol?
- The water taxi will now show up as a transportation option in Google Maps. It’s perfect for those days when you feel more like Jimmy Buffett than yourself.
- Remember those bones that were found off the shore of OC? Good news, they were animal! Season three of True Detective has been officially canceled.
- After losing their chef, Mirabelle’s new menu aims to make the restaurant seem more fantastical than ever.
- Adams Morgan’s weekend scene is a nightmare and has always been a nightmare. City Paper explores how we can change it.
- This is your long read of the day.